Yes, my worst fears have happened ... I have neglected my blog. I know I do enjoy writing in it, but I do get preoccupied and don't catch up on it. This month has been exceptionally hectic and I keep thinking it is becoming easier, but something new quickly fills my free time as soon as it opens up.
Here are some highlights of my work this month:
Last night was my event for the Seattle Architecture Foundation. If I haven't told you about it, lucky you ... you escaped my pandering and craziness. But in actuality it took way more of my life than anticipated. Especially this past month. Two years ago when returning to Seattle, I rejoined the Seattle Architecture Foundation, a non-profit about appreciation and support of the built environment of Seattle. I helped form a new group in which we planned new and exciting events different than ever shown before by SAF. I had an idea about entertainment and architecture which over the past two years became an event about the acoustics of theater spaces (specifically, how do they design theaters to support music and affect the sound of the music). We had an introduction of the history of the theatre, two acoustic engineers talking about the space and acoustic design, and then followed with a performance by a jazz band. IT WAS FABULOUS!! Everything went fantastically and it was a HUGE success. So much fun!!
I am looking for a condo and made an offer. It turned out to not make it and I got out of the deal. It was hard to walk away but it was definitely the right decision. So I am starting at the beginning, but wiser and stronger than before. It really shocked me how hard of a process this was. I know this is the right move for me without a doubt. But doing this on my own really is stressful. It is hard to make such impacting decisions alone ... and sadly makes me feel very alone. I LOVE that the choices are there to make my life happier and fuller, but sometimes I really wish decisions I made impacted another person as much as they impact me. It is kind of exhausting.
I am working hard with some projects that are really hitting deadlines without a lot of the time to get them done. I hope things fall into place. My boss is trying to limit money spent on having people on the project which means taking people off the job. Solution ... give it all to Erica. Oh wait, I have no extra time. That's right ... I forget.
Highlight of the week ... I got sent to Coeur d'Alene to tour a jail building ... which travels through Spokane which means I get to see Angela and her growing family!! I got to play with sweet, adorable baby O.Jane (yes I have renamed her to emphasize Jane which is actually and honorably something she can share with me. And I LOVE that! I love sharing such a lasting part of her life. I will love to hear the stories Angela and Culley will tell O.Jane how she got her name ... and who I am in her life. So fantastic!). She is so incredibly adorable and beautiful. It is a fact. The only thing cuter, sadly is her sister Madeline. So playful and sweet (surely when guests are around ... she did have her moment which was exciting for me to see the reality of the Parris home. Always special for outsiders to be able to share regardless of how much it may stress out the parents. For me, it was reality and I enjoyed entering into their life for such a brief moment. Trust me, my life is not as interesting ... )
The highlight of the weekend ... I have been invited to a birthday party for Des and able to share the weekend with her and her family. What a weekend!! Des's birthday is spending her birthday weekend in Seattle to see Taylor Swift with her super fan ladies and then Mariner/Red Sox on Saturday. No matter their record, I love Mariner's games and this is definitely to be a great evening to share with them!! I can't wait to hang out with Des and the ladies. Perfect weekend reward for a month of so much working out.
So, as much as I want to share these stories, I unfortunately have stockpiled them and created the longest blog. Really, Erica, space it out a bit and keep in touch with everyone!
Yay weekend is so soon! Hope to talk to you all soon!!
:)
loves and hugs to you all!!
*

No comments:
Post a Comment