So I had a big presentation today. It was more big just because I made it a big deal. I am typically never bothered to talk in a crowd especially when they are not random strangers. This presentation was to the Practice Forum of my company. They are the people who say we need this tool or that. They are not the most important people in my company, but they will make decisions that can make a difference in everyone's life while we work through the day. They will say whether people will use hotmail or outlook because of the intensity of each program.
I self-taught myself this program that will do some energy models (long story exceptionally short ... you should be able to plan a building and tell EXACTLY down to the pennies how much your utility bills will be over the next 30 years and prove that I, as your ARCHITECT, made it as cheap and efficient as possible.) I am not great at teaching myself programs, but I did it well enough!! It definitely made its point. I am really happy that it elicited lots of debate.
Why do I care so much??? I don't know. Why is this arbitrary part of my job so important? This is really the first project or initiative that I think I pushed all on my own. I sat in meetings with two of my bosses and the other people that would work on the project and was willing to tell them ALL what to do! I took it on and was not led by anyone ... this is what I want to do. It went well. It was comprehensive ... and pretty much all the people on the project were equally satisfied in what they did to contribute. The people that pulled through REALLY pulled through. It is great and I want this to lead to the next level.
Yay! It went so well!!
*
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

As usual, so proud of you, girl!
ReplyDelete